Oakland, Berkeley, And East Bay News, Events, Restaurants, Music, & Arts
This festival is now an one day event on September 14th Only. Passes are $0 - $75.
The festival will take place at Oakland Peace Center Fellowship Hall, 259 29th Street, Oakland
★ NO ONE TURNED AWAY FOR LACK OF FUNDS. ALL WELCOME! ★
All details are at www.sirenfestival.org.
★ Please spread the word in solidarity with the healing power of Feminist Creativity ★
Dear East Bay Community,
I am writing to you in behalf of appx. 50 Women I have been working with over the last 3 months who are bringing their arts & healing offerings to celebrate Feminist Creativity in Community for Healing & Empowerment at Offerings - A Feminist Festival of Transformative Arts on Sunday, September 14th, at Oakland Peace Center Fellowship Hall, 259 29th Street, Oakland (opposite Grocery Outlet).
And we would love you to consider joining us.
The festivities start at 9 am and goes till 10 pm. Check out the full day schedule at www.sirenfestival.org
- The day starts with wellness practices (including labyrinth walk w/drumming and somatic healing through contact improv).
- After lunch we have a variety of learnings in small groups with 10 workshop facilitators.
- The afternoon sees us doing storytelling, dancing and singing in a big circle, all of us together followed by some performances of unique nature.
- We then sit down to share a meal as we engage in a community gift exchange.
- After dinner we enjoy the Siren Show (Pilgrimage) which includes International Women's Choir singing songs from around the globe, Women Acting Out Theater group staging "Of Mothers and Daughters", Dance Dialogue Troupe showcasing their exploration "What is Home" and Poetic Performers expressing their inner journeys. We also have guest artists Ash Fisher doing comedy and Kym Trippsmith singing empowering songs.
- We close with a candle light ceremony around fire dancing.
You are welcome to come for the full day ($75) or just for the Show ($25) or any section of of the day at an appropriate cost. If you would like to come, don't let money or your inability to attend the whole day stop you. Contact me (Roke) and we will figure something out. It's going to be a beautiful experience but only if you join us. We won't turn anyone away for lack of funds!
Buy Passes: www.sirenofferings.eventbrite.com
(Low Income Discount & Volunteer Shifts available!)
Questions? Contact Roke at 510.681.9740 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Online tickets at http://madlove.bpt.me/
Tickets available at the door ALSO.
Doors open 45 mins before the show.
Shows this weekend:
Oct 5th and Oct 6th | 7 - 9 pm
Sunday Oct 7th Matinee | 3 - 5 pm
The website for Mad Love is www.sirentheatre.org. Tickets and more info on this site.
East Bay Express All Rights Reserved
Powered by Foundation