TNT is a noncompetitive, comprehensive training program with professional coaching, a supportive team and inspirational cause. Workouts are tailored to multiple ability levels, so you don’t have to be a superhero to take on an Ironman triathlon – you just need the drive and commitment.
The program is designed for busy people with busy lives, so you’ll have shorter workouts during the week and longer trainings on weekends. If you are even a little bit intrigued to “become Iron” and go long for a cure, call us at 800.78.TRAIN.
While you’re buying your show tickets, you can also purchase round-trip ferry tickets and take the ferry right to the front door of the Craneway from San Francisco – no traffic, no bridge, just smooth sailing on a Red & White Fleet ferry – how unique! Don’t miss Björk at this rare appearance in the Bay Area! May 25 performance is sold out. Tickets available for May 22 and May 28.“A Magical Evening” – The Wall St. Journal
ENTER TO WIN TICKETS: Enter for a chance to win a pair of GA tickets to Björk’s Biophila concert for Tuesday, May 28, 8:30pm. Email promotions@EastBayExpress.com by Thursday, May 23 at 12 noon. The subject line must read: “Bjork”.
Visit www.jfku.edu/summer for complete listings and registration details.
The weekend kicks off with previews for Members and a critter-and-creature-filled opening during Friday Nights @ OMCA, and culminates in Free First Sunday With live music, animal costume contests, dancing, food trucks, all-ages face painting, and family-friendly activities throughout all three levels of the Museum, there’s something for everyone.
Featuring over 1200 costumed actors from British Naval officers to swimming mermaids, the annual Fathers Day Weekend event appeals to children and adults alike with four stages of continuous live music from acoustic maritime classics to pirate rock, rows of nautically inspired handcrafts, gourmet foods, micro brewed beers, a dedicated Children's Area, and a 360 degree pirate battle featuring tall ships, black powder cannons and invading sword fighters.
Children under 12 FREE.
Most writers experience arid patches, when the well runs dry. Those are the times we need to go inside, find, and reconnect with what truly engages us. The aim of this conference is to support that process.
• Jean Shinoda Bolen, M.D. discusses From Conception to Delivery: Giving Birth to a New Book from a Jungian analyst’s point of view. (Friday eve lecture.)
• Charlie Varon shares thoughts and techniques for writers to complete their deepest work with Say What You Mean Before You Die. (Saturday)
• Susan Griffin will speak about discovering, cultivating and refining authentic suspense with What Happens Next? The Inner Life of Suspense. (Saturday)
• Polly Campbell will look at incorporating big ideas like faith and compassion into a blog with Writing the Spiritual Blog. (Sunday)
• Amy Rennert will demystify the publishing process with Secrets of Getting Published Successfully. (Sunday)
• Lynne Kaufman, M.A. created and hosts the conference.
Click here to learn more!
Restorative justice programs may offer the best new hope for reducing violence in Oakland schools and the city overall, but their future funding is uncertain.