Oakland, Berkeley, And East Bay News, Events, Restaurants, Music, & Arts
Free speech as long as the speaker agrees with our position. If not we will use violence to shut it down.
Sounds like the opposite of free speech. Sounds like fascism and tyranny.
Welcome to Berkeley. Where hypocrisy has been white-washed from the dictionary.
George Rockwell: "Teach your kids not to be triggered."
But he is clearly incredibly triggered by black people and especially black women.
Try and do a little more critical thinking about your own argument first.
Ha. I made a mistake and typed "there" instead of "their" fail!
Hmmmm, Well I must say I'm a bit disappointed at both the insults and arguments. Nastier insults would have been so much more enjoyable to read as well as reading better arguments, but I suppose one can only wish for such pleasures. I will say this though, Margaret, that comment about the mirror is actually true, see as a white male I've been indoctrinated with white guilt since a young child that I cannot look at myself in the mirror without feeling ashamed, so I am forced to wear I blindfold every time I'm brushing my teeth or shaving. Otherwise I might be forced to kill myself. I'll tell you what though, shaving is a real hassle. Not that this is something I do frequently, as I do like to keep things grimy like my asshole.
1) I am aware of the statistics of low crime rates in immigrant communities and if we are speaking of Hispanic families I'm even more welcoming but I do not think it's fair for the ones who worked hard to come into this country legally, for illegals to skip this process. I don't believe any rational person wants to prevent any immigrant from coming into this country except perhaps Muslims that think U.S. laws don't apply to them. On an economics standpoint immigrants are good for the country, there is no denying that.
Back to the crime issue, and we are strictly speaking of ILLEGALS here, because that is all I care about. Now I think it can be assumed, and correct me if I'm wrong, but illegals are going to most likely live with or among other illegals so do you honestly think there will be reports filed to the police when something happens? I mean domestic violence is a large problem in the Hispanic communities(http://www.nationallatinonetwork.org/images/Latin_DV_Stats.pdf) as with most communities, if any one in that household is illegal they risk being questioned or revealing their status by just having the cops show up. Rape is also something to consider. Data has shown that rape victims are more likely than not to have known the suspect. If that women is illegal do you think she is going to run to the police? What do you think the repercussions would be if she did so? Not only against her but perhaps even her family if she is part of one. You also risk revenge from the suspect and perhaps his friends. I AM NOT SAYING ILLEGALS ARE INHERENTLY CRIMINALS(that's reserved for blacks) all I am saying is I question the statistics. One violent crime by an illegal is one too many. (http://www.fairus.org/issue/examples-of-serious-crimes-by-illegal-aliens)
All that being said the statement I made about crime was never about immigrants whether illegal or legal committing crimes, and if you read my post correctly I think you would realize that, not meaning to be rude. However, I should explain. Where there is high amounts of poverty there is high amounts amounts of crime. Agree? Now who is most affected by undocumented workers when it comes to the job market? People in poverty.
Now if there is a correlation between crime and poverty wouldn't it make since to help Americans get out of poverty by giving them jobs instead of relying on government assistance? Which has shown to be ineffective in helping people get out of poverty. We should strict government assistance to only special cases and force people to work, if they are capable, even if it's picking berries on a farm. No one is too good for any job and a big reason why natives aren't willing to work on farms is because of the stigma and you are not compelled to do so when the government is there to coddle you. I have no sympathy for those farm landowners who lost money you can be almost certain they were taking advantage of the workers.
No benefits for illegals?
2) Israel has a wall and it seems to be rather affective for them. As far as as it comes to areas where the wall could not be built because of some reason or another I am sure we could use the manpower freed up by the implementation of the wall that we could allocate these sources to areas where a wall would be implausible.
And folks if we are going to complain about the price of the wall perhaps we should also complain about the more than $700 Billion spent on "defense" including Obama's nuclear deal (https://www.nationalpriorities.org/cost-of/nuclear-weapons/)
So I really do not care if it will cost us $50 Billion
Also perhaps some are unaware but Mexico has a wall on there southern border. Just thought I would add that little bit of info.
3) Please explain to me whose lives Milo has ruined. Have you actually listened to or watched one of Milo's speeches? Sure he makes a crude joke from time to time but hateful? I don't see it. As I have heard some one mention before, he is a court jester poking fun of things and bringing issues to the forefront that the people in academia and the media will not talk about. You can disagree with him but you do not have a right to prevent other people from listening to his talks. In Fascist countries speech is controlled as well as in Communist ones. Just ask the millions dead from Communist ideals in China, Russia, and Vietnam. Oh wait. They're dead.
"Free speech does not protect you from negative consequences. It does protect the right to protest however."
Isn't protesting a part of free speech? I think if you're going to allow the one you should allow the other and comparing subjective verbal "abuse" to actual physical abuse is a bit of a stretch.
4) I never said immigrants are "stealing" jobs and as I have said before I'm all for legal ones. I just think it's unnecessary to oversaturate the unskilled labor market when there are people in the states who could do the job and our neighbors are struggling. Why are we so eager to help people in other countries but ignore the person living across the street from us?
I suppose I should correct my statement about "emotional black females" but come on, any one who has experience dating them knows they are bat shit crazy. However, to be more PC I will say "most" women are emotional trolls. (https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/women-are-more-emotional-than-men-because-of-biology/)
Comparing the wall to 1930-40s Nazi Germany is a straw man argument. Please try again.
"Land of the free" does not mean you can do whatever you want. There are laws for a reason. Be practical please.
So your logic is since illegals are coming by air we should just say screw it and let everyone come in. Got it. By the way, decreases in illegals is only a recent phenomenon we still have about 11 million.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A NICE DAY :)
And remember, if you are having a bad day just think about the crusty toxic waste caked around my anus hairs.
Margaret Barone: turns out the Wall is now expected to cost even *more* than the previously estimated $21 billion! George Rockwell: I imagine keeping more of the money you earn and getting tax cuts is important to you. Guess what? The money to foot the bill is not coming from Mexico, but from the American Taxpayers! And a larger chunk from middle class and lower than from millionaires and billionaires like DJT. You, me, and regular Joe Taxpayer. Meanwhile, we actually have more people leaving the US than are coming in. And most are those who come in by airplane and "overstay" their visas. Every Economist I've heard--both Liberal and Conservative Alike--agree that Trump's Wall is a terrible deal for America and a really awful idea.
George Rockwell-you, and people like you, are the reason Berkeley has taken this stand. This is America, land of the free etc. if you don't like what this country stands for and you can't evolve and progress past your discriminatory views-move!
OPD has a large backlog of cold cases and a heavy workload for homicide investigators. In addition, the crime lab is understaffed so that important functions such as fingerprint analysis are often delayed or disregarded. My impression is that most crimes in our city go unsolved. If that's true, we should use these funds to hire more crime technicians, particularly for the investigation of burglaries.
Here is a more complete list with contact info of Bay Area companies that have expressed interest in working on the wall:
George Rockwell...what Margaret Barone said in item #4. Really! "Black countrymen who are in direct competition with illegals" and "emotion like some black female". Wow! I see that your heart is in the right place. But, with those two statements, you show you're not yet there, like many whom support Trump and his misinformed, discriminatory ideas. Keep trying. I'll pray for you.
Good for you Oakland. We need to build bridges not walls.
I went to elementary and junior high with Lady Esther's son and frequented her restaurant all the time. So glad the family is back! I was just lamenting that only a few old time soul food restaurants are even around. Now we've got three.
PS I'm sorry, I made a mistake....the wall will cost $21 BILLION. Not 15 as I stated above.
1) It has been proven time and time again that there is no connection between high crime rates and high immigrant populations in cities....in fact the opposite is true. Undocumented workers receive no benefits. And if you'd like a lesson on how a loss of immigrant workers effects farms here you go: https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.mic.com/articles/amp/8272/alabama-illegal-immigrant-crackdown-destroys-farm-business
2) A wall would cost at least 15 billion of taxpayers' money, would be ineffectual at actually keeping anyone out and would be impossible to implement over most of the terrain it seeks to cover. It would be a complete embarrassment and a waste.
3) You know who can't stop whining and crying and needs a safe space to express his little self? Milo. If you spend your life spewing hateful rhetoric and ruining people's lives, you're going to get angry protestors (and I'm not talking about Blac Block setting fires. They are just violent trolls). He needs to suck it up. Free speech does not protect you from negative consequences. It does protect the right to protest however.
4) "emotional like a black lady"? Saying immigrants are only "stealing" jobs from black people? I guess you're the president of Milo's fan club.
5) You want to see a real embarrassment? Look in the mirror.
I could tell you what is wrong with a wall... but then again you need to learn your lessons yourself, as usual.
Love from a country that learned its lesson from nazis and walls and painfully well.
Good berkeley keep it up
Could someone please explain to me what's wrong with having a wall? Is it immoral to ask for individuals to obtain passage into this country legally? Do not illegals undercut the wages of your average blue collar worker? Are we not concerned about poverty and crime in America? Do you not care about your black countrymen who are in direct competition with illegals concerning jobs?
And the Mayor wants to talk about not building walls, yet had no problem in supporting the Antifa wall that kept Milo from giving his speech. If people are so concerned about speech triggering them or inciting hate perhaps you should do a better job as parents and professors in raising your kids to think critically and with reason, not with emotion like some black female.
Berkeley is a national embarrassment.
What about oakland?
Who is the oakland city council kidding they don't have money to do any large projects. When the Raiders flee they will have even less and will be still paying for an empty coliseum. They think they are so smart.
This is awesome news! My cousin knew Ms Lady Esther well as he was one of her food service vendors. I remember when she died - a very sad day in Oakland. My father, who is now 85 yrs young frequented her restaurant and remembers fondly how kind and Ms. lady Esther was.
I pray she brings back the stuffed shrimp . I remember my uncle Green Hodges used to clean the restaurant. My oldest daughters baby picture hung in the main area. Those were the days!
East Bay Express All Rights Reserved
Powered by Foundation