The East Bay Express has launched a weekly ad campaign called Think Indie, supporting independent businesses and the localization movement.
If you are interested in participating, please read the information below.
If the business can answer YES to these six questions, they are likely qualified to participate:
1. Is this business registered in an local city, with no corporate
2. headquarters outside of the Bay Area?
3. Is this business privately held and not publicly traded?
4. Does the business make independent decisions regarding the name
and look of the business, as well as all business purchasing, practices, hiring and distribution?
5. Does the business pay all its own marketing, rent, and other business expenses (without assistance from a corporate headquarters)?
6. Does this business have six or less outlets, with at least 50% of its outlets in Northern California?
7. Do at least 50% of the managing owners of the business live in Northern California?
View Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp1pjyrSCoA
The rotating tag line each week will support indie businesses, causes, trade associations and events through informational statements such as these:
· Keep dollars in our economy. Of every $100 spent at a local store, $68 stays in the community.
· Help keep us unique. Homegrown businesses are part of what makes us special.
· Create local jobs. Local businesses are the best at creating higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
· Help the environment. Buying locally saves transportation fuel. Plus you get products that you know are safe and well-made because our neighbors stand behind them.
· Nurture our community. Studies show that local businesses donate to community causes at more than twice the rate of chains.
· Conserve tax dollars. Spending locally ensures that your sales taxes are reinvested where they belong: right here in your community!
· Support Record Store Day by shopping at locally owned, independent record stores on April 16, 2011!
· Find the books you want on Indiebound.org and support local booksellers instead of Amazon.com.
· Members of Sustainable Business Alliance, Oakland Grown or Buy Local Berkeley:
o One time - $200
o Four per year - $600 ($150 per insertion)
o Once per month - $1200 ($100 per insertion)
· Non-members of Sustainable Business Alliance, Oakland Grown or Buy Local Berkeley:
o One time - $300
o Four per year - $900 ($225 per insertion)
o Once per month - $1800 ($150 per insertion)
No image changes at these ad rates.
EcoFarm is more than a conference. It’s a gathering for inspiration, renewal, and celebration. EcoFarm Pre-Conference Intensives: Bus Tour: Organic …
Are you ready to go again?! BRIEFS 2017 is the East Bay Express’ 6th annual Erotic Short Film Competition showcasing …
Children who love music find a home at the Crowden School in Berkeley! The Crowden School provides a distinguished education …