Welcome to the Mid-Week Menu, a weekly roundup of restaurant openings, chef arrivals and departures, and other nuggets of gossip from the East Bay dining scene.
1) The big news this week is something we recently alluded to, a big new restaurant project from Charlie Hallowell. Clutch my pearls: it won't serve pizza! Inside Scoop also learns the project will be centered around a butcher shop.
4) Berkeleyside brings word that the wee Summer Kitchen Bake Shop will be puffing up, with 33 new seats and a beer and wine license.
5) Also on Berkeleyside, the second part of their comprehensive roundup of Berkeley ethnic eats, this one quoting yours truly *blush*.
6) If you're into this sort of thing, Fro-Yo Girl brings the noise about a new frozen yogurt spot coming to the City Center in Oakland.
7) Albany City Council approved permits for a new "boutique beer pub" and grass-fed hamburger shop on San Pablo Ave., according to Albany Patch.
Comments? Tips? Get in touch at Jesse.Hirsch@EastBayExpress.com.