Friday, June 15, 2007

Mozzarella Sticks? How 'Bout Tequila in a Sippy Cup?

By Kathleen Richards
Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 4:55 PM

Restaurant chain Applebee's has a lot of explaining to do after a toddler was accidentally served a margarita instead of apple juice in his sippy cup at one of the chain's restaurants in Antioch on Monday. According to the Oakland Tribune, the two-year-old's mother became suspicious after her son "kept making funny faces and pushing away his plastic, lidded cup." When she inspected the cup's contents, she immediately smelled alcohol and alerted their waiter. Mom said she wasn't going to "make a big deal about it," but "then he got sick." The boy was rushed to the hospital later that evening after he became drowsy and started vomiting, but is fine now.

It's unclear just how much liquor he ingested, but apparently the pre-made margarita mix contained top-shelf tequila. Applebee's vice president Randy Tei says the mix-up resulted from the margarita mix and apple juice stored in identical plastic containers behind the bar. "We absolutely believe it was an honest mistake," Tei said. "And those workers have learned a very important lesson by it." Yeah, get some labels.

Comments

Showing 1-1 of 1

Add a comment

 
Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-1 of 1

Add a comment

Anonymous and pseudonymous comments will be removed.

Author Archives

Readers also liked…

Most Popular Stories

© 2016 East Bay Express    All Rights Reserved
Powered by Foundation