Here's your headlines: 1) Doug Benson returns to the Bay as part of Sketchfest 2012, which starts Thursday. His Saturday, Jan. 28 show "The Doug Benson Movie Interruption: Road House" is sold out, but tickets remain for his Sunday “Doug Loves Movies” podcast.
2) The High Times March Issue hits stands: Jeremy Piven says legalize it; fourteen-foot tall outdoor plants yield ten pounds; and pictures of first place Michigan Cannabis Cup winner "Obamanator".
2) SF Weekly's Chris Roberts on Ron Paul, marijuana, and reality.
3) StuffStonersLike.com pumps up the volume of strain reviews, like this Banana Boat Kush.
4) Yoga and a blunt in Hawaii with Rihanna:
5) East Palo Alto calls feds on its one dispensary.
6) Stanislaus' narcs divvy up dispensary raid loot.
7) Tommy LaNier, director of the White House-funded National Marijuana Initiative threatens all sixteen marijuana states with federal action — which, we think, is part of his job description.
8) Grow Girl author — and Blair Witch Project actress-turned-pot farmer — Heather Donahue markets hew new book at A Great Good Place for Books in Oakland tonight at 7 p.m. for free. Tomorrow, Donahue is at Book Passage in Corte Madera and on the 26th, The Booksmith in San Francisco.
9) NORML reports: Rally to mourn closure of more than ninety dispensaries in Sacramento at 7 p.m. today at 5th and I st. in Sac-town.